SEC delays decision on 7RCC Spot Bitcoin and Carbon Credit Futures ETF
  • SEC postpones decision on 7RCC Spot Bitcoin and Carbon Credit Futures ETF to June 24, 2024.
  • The ETF plans to invest 80% in Bitcoin and 20% in Carbon Credit Futures-linked financial instruments.
  • Gemini has been named custodian for the ETF.

The United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has announced a delay in its decision regarding the 7RCC Spot Bitcoin and Carbon Credit Futures ETF, a proposed exchange-traded fund focused on carbon credit futures contracts and Bitcoin (BTC).

The delay was announced in a filing made on Thursday and it extends the timeline for the U.S. SEC to evaluate the proposed exchange-traded fund until June 24, 2024.

During the extended timeline, the SEC aims to thoroughly review the proposal before making a final determination, citing the need for sufficient time to consider the potential impacts of the proposed rule change.

The 7RCC Spot Bitcoin and Carbon Credit Futures ETF

The 7RCC Spot Bitcoin and Carbon Credit Futures ETF plans to allocate 80% of its assets to Bitcoin and the remaining 20% to financial instruments linked to Carbon Credit Futures. This unique investment strategy aims to provide investors with a diversified portfolio that encompasses both digital assets and environmental sustainability.

The ETF’s approach is aligned with the evolving landscape of finance, offering a single-trade solution for those seeking exposure to both innovative technologies and progressive environmental initiatives. Gemini, a leading crypto exchange, has been named as the custodian for the ETF, signalling a significant partnership in the burgeoning digital asset space.

The postponement news reflects the ongoing scrutiny and evaluation by regulatory bodies like the SEC in navigating the intersection of traditional finance and emerging technologies.

As the deadline approaches, stakeholders eagerly await the SEC’s decision, which will have implications for the future of investment opportunities in both the digital asset and environmental sectors.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Cryptocurrencies: 14,820
Markets: 1,140
Marketcap: $ 2.30 T(6.18%)
24h Vol: $ 110.29 B
BTC Dominance: 50.49%